SO Power Cords
SO power cords usually contain two or more flexible, stranded copper conductors in gauge sizes from No. 18 AWG through No. 2 AWG. The copper stranding and types of compounds in the insulation and jacket dictate the flexibility and strength of the cord. The jacket and insulation are key to its physical, chemical, and electrical properties. UL and CSA designations for these cords are SOOW. Thermoset Type SOOW cable is for use in heavy-duty industrial applications requiring flexibility and durability.
SO cords are resistant to cuts, tears, abrasions, and chemicals. SOOW's best features are its temperature and oil-resistant properties, which will not melt when in contact with heated objects or oils: up to 221 DEGRF (105 DEGRC). In temperatures as low as 40 DEGRF below zero, SO power cords maintain their flexibility, durability, and resistance to cracking during normal handling.
Type SOOW cord stands for: S = Service Cord (600 Volts), OO = Oil Resistant both inside insulation and outside jacket, and W = CSA designation for weather/water resistance. SOOW cable with IEC Pin and Sleeve, NEMA, and Russellstoll devices are UL Listed available assemblies. Read through the detailed features and extras below to uncover the best power solution for your facility.
- PowerWhips’ SO electrical cords are UL Listed and labeled as a “Non-Detachable Power Supply Cord” (UL817)
- PowerWhips’ SO cables are manufactured in accordance with the National Electrical Code “NEC” (Art. 400)
- All materials used in the construction of PowerWhips are UL Listed and new from the factory
- IEC / NEMA / Russellstoll receptacles, inlets, connectors, and plugs are available based on voltage/amperage requirements
- NEMA devices are available in straight blade, locking blade, isolated ground blade, and CA 50A blade
- IEC / NEMA / Russellstoll devices have heavy-duty external cord grips to provide maximum cord retention to maintain secure terminations
- IEC / NEMA / Russellstoll locking devices provide a more reliable connection that helps prevent accidental disconnection by vibration
- Typically ships in 1-3 days
- Inventory programs available
- Minimizes workload at the job site
- Testing to UL safety standard, 100% testing
- PowerWhips’ SOOW cables and whip tails are cut to the exact length specification
- Three SOOW cord colors help distinguish primary power from redundant power
- Cord “grips” and “strain relief connectors” available
- Wire color “Phasing” options
- Standard wire bundling
- Engineering support (job take-offs at no charge)
- Custom packaging
- Fill out attached configurator and email to [email protected]
- Send an email to [email protected] with PowerWhip requirements
- Call PowerWhips at 262-966-3741 and ask for PowerWhip sales.
- Square D - QOB, QOB-VH, QO and QO-VH
- Eaton C-H - BAB and QBHW
- GE - THQB and THHQB
- ABB - Pro-Line
Air Flow Management:
Air Flow Management
- Packet Power
GET IN TOUCH WITH US TODAY